Most Recent Layouts

Looking for Something on My Blog? Search Here!

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Christmas in July

I caved in! I decided to scrap a couple layouts from last Christmas! It was actually kinda fun to be part of the whole "Christmas in July" thing!

For this first layout, Christmas 2009, I used my own Sketch #67:
I used my Winter Wonderland Cricut Cartridge to cut the holly leaves up top. For the holly leaves on the bottom, I used the same cartridge, but used Design Studio to stretch it out. Really, though, all the papers used here were scraps. I wasn't sure how this was going to turn out until I was done, but I absolutely LOVE how this came out.

For my second layout, Reindeer Food Bucket, I just kinda threw it together.
I used my punch to make the journaling paper look like notebook paper. I then inked it up and crinkled the left side up a bit. For the trees, I used my Winter Wonderland Cricut cartridge. I used brown cardstock and cut the treest at 8" each. Then, I used four different shades of green inks (Color Box Cat's Eyes: olive, olive pastel, dark moss, forest green). I started with the darkest green and then lightly added the lighter shades. I was thrilled with the outcome! Then, I just outlined each tree with a thick black marker.

No comments: