Most Recent Layouts

Looking for Something on My Blog? Search Here!

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Arbuckle Acres

***July 12, 2009***
This layout was inspired by one of the October Challenges on Have Your Way With Paper; the Scrap Pink Ad Challenge.

It's not exactly the same, but it gave me a great starting point.

I used Memory Keepers Scrapbook Pad "Grandma's Kitchen" for all the papers. This paper pad also includes some punch out which I used a few of here. After I tore some of the edges, I inke a bit with brown.

My letter are, of course, Thickers letters. "Acres" is actually blank cipboard letters which I prettied up. I used my water marker and pulled some green, orange, brown and yellow and layered it on there; one color ar a time. Once that was dry, I used my water marker with my pearlescence water colors and used the same colors and same technique. Once that was dry, I glued the letters on my layout and let sit for about 20 minutes (to make sure they were nice and dry). I then grabbed my black Zig maker (the fat edge) and outlined each letter.

No comments: