Most Recent Layouts

Looking for Something on My Blog? Search Here!

Saturday, October 17, 2009

LASIK

Yup, I got it done. so worth it! I went to Price Vision Group. It cost about $2,000 with Dr. Pereira. Had I gone with Dr. Price, It would've been about 2.5 times more. Now, although, Dr. Price is the doctor who founded and perfected this procedure, Dr. Pereira is studying under Dr. Price. What's more, Dr. Price would NEVER have allowed Dr. Pereira to do the procedure if he didn't think he could get the same results.

The nurse asked me to take a look at the clock before we got started. I did, but couldn't really make out any of the numbers. I knew what they were, but couldn't actually see them. After it was all done, I looked at the clock again and it was like I was looking through watery eyes. but, I could actually see the numbers!

The first part of the surgery was very uncomfortable! But, it really only lasted about 1-2 minutes, tops.

After that was the laser part. It was pretty quick. The nurse counted down from 7 seconds.

Doc said the redness was like a hickey on my eye from the suction and should dissipate over the next 2 weeks.

So the ride home was painful. my right eye was stinging so badly. It wouldn't stop watering. Dad took me to McDonald's for some food and a drink. I took my pain pill and my sleeping pill. I came home, I took the other pain pill and went straight to bed. I slept from about 11am to roughly 540pm. I went pick up m son, Nathan got dinner and came back home.

Yes, there was some pain involved, but it was so totally worth it!

1 comment:

rmeyfe said...

I just wanted to let you know my eyes are watering just reading your post! You'll have to let me know how it turns out!!