Most Recent Layouts

Looking for Something on My Blog? Search Here!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

ABC's Of Me - Letter C

CHEESE – When I was little, I hated cheese. Ok, the only cheese I liked was Swiss cheese. I didn’t want anything to do with cheese. Now, the only (normal) cheese I don’t like is.....Swiss! I can’t believe it! But I do love me some cheese. The cheesier the better!
CHICAGO – I visited when I was little but I don’t remember much of it. I would go with my dad when he needed to buy something in particular for his (at the time) restaurant. I also went again when my granpa ("Papino") passed away and his funeral was up there. I went on a mini-vaca/scrap retreat with ‘my gals’ from HYWWP and it was amazing! I can’t believe how much fun we had and how much there is to see. I can totally see myself living there with Nathan (if it were warm all year round…).

CANELONES – Mom makes this from scratch, always has and always will! This is one of my favorite foods! But, it’s gotta be Spinach Canelones with white/alfredo sauce on top. You can make these with creamed corn and top with homemade red sauce, but it’s not even close to being as good as the original! I’ve made this only a couple times, but both times it came out amazing!

COOKIE MONSTER – How can I not like this guy? He was my favorite from Sesame Street! “C is for cookie, that’s good enough for me…” AND, he’s blue! What more could you ask for?!

CARLOS – My dad. It’s amazing how much he looks like my grandpa. I look at pictures of my grandpa at Dad’s age now and the similarities are uncanny! Dad is….well, my dad. He taught me and my sisters the basics of building and shooting. He also taught us how to be strong. These days, Dad is a bit of a terd. LOL! He can’t hear, missing a few teeth, yells at Mom and refuses to do much of anything. But, one thing is for sure…..he would kill anyone who tried to hurt any of his girls! I love my dad!

C-SECTION – For as long as I remember, I have always been adamant that I wanted a c-section. I knew I would never want/be able to give a natural birth! Gimme that epidural ANY day! Now, I will say that when we were in the hospital they called it an “emergency c-section” but it made no difference to me. I knew I was in good hands!

CARTOONS – My favorite thing to watch! I have a 6 hour VHS tape with nothing but cartoons on it. My sister, Sandra, and I have sooooo many inside jokes based off cartoons, it’s not even funny! Ok, well, to her and I it’s hilarious. Although, no one else really understands what in the world we are cracking up about. So many times we have called the other and simly said, "...I don't wanna..." and DIED laughing! Oh, and did I mention....I still CHOOSE to watch them even today!

CAVES – I can’t wait until the day I can take Nathan caving! My parents would take road trips with us girls to TX to visit my grandparents and we would seemed to always end up in a cave somewhere. It is the coolest thing ever! I just can’t believe that caves are naturally made. I think that’s what makes them even more amazing!!!

CHOCOLATE – What can I say about chocolate? Chocolate cake, chocolate bar, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate ice cream! OH. MY. GOSH. Can you ever have too much chocolate? Ok, yeah, I guess you could, but it’s nice to dream, huh? Those commercials on TV with the flowing chocolate make my mouth water. Or the chocolate river in Willy Wonka…..yummy! But, I have to warn you, I don’t like all chocolates! The only chocolates I like are the plain Hershey bar, Crunch Bar, Kit Kat, Palmer’s Hollow Chocolate Easter Bunny. The rest…..you can keep.

COKE ZERO – You gotta love something that tastes like the real thing, but has no calories! Ok, so it has other ingredients that aren’t all that wonderful, but I NEED me some Coke Zero! I don’t think I could survive without it. Really, I don’t think I could.

4 comments:

Jennifer Moore said...

I just love learning so much about you, Paula! I had no idea that you had a C-section too. And those canelones...YUMMMM! When you get down here to TX, I'll let you make me some for supper! hehehe Oh, and the caves...we have tons around here! We will take the kids to go caving when you get here too. :)

D said...

My hubby's is a Coke zero fan, bur I'm diet coke all the way! Gotta love inside jokes w/ your sis! My little sis moved away from me 4 months ago but we are still close too. Don'tcha just wish everyone could stay close?

Unknown said...

Hi- I wanted to let you know I have a little blog award for you over on my blog. youhadmeatscrap.blogspot.com
please stop by when you get the chance and take the blinkie on the side bar.
kacee

Celeste B. said...

LOL!!!!!!!!! Love it!!!! :) Cookie Monster is and always will be my favorite Sesame Street character. So many fun favs. :) TFS!