Looking for Something on My Blog? Search Here!

Sunday, July 12, 2009

SUNDAY Happenings

Today was quite busy for us, for once.

We started the day off by going to the fountain at the main entrance to Arbuckle Arces (the nearby park). I took some cute pictures there of Nathan. He decided he wanted to put his feet in the water, so I let him. I thought there was no harm in that. Well, about 5 minutes later, I realized what the harm was! He got off the edge and stood IN the fountain! Yeah, it was kinda deep and his shorts got very very wet! It was so funny!

After that, we headed over to the park. We played for a while. He jumped on the merry go round and had me push him really fast. he tried to jump off when I stopped it, but he fell over upon landing! Well, duh! He was so dizzy! It was hilarious! We then went over to the big slide thing they have. It has all kinds of things that go up and down, sideways, front ways, every ways. He convinced me to go down the tornado slide, which was wet! My shorts were wet in the seat of my pants the whole rest of the time we were there. He made sure he played on everything for a few minutes at least.

Then, we wandered over to the trails. I have never walked the trails before because I never knew they were there. So we walked and walked and walked. I explained what poison ivy was and to stay away. He threw rocks and sticks in the the little creek. We walked for quite a bit. Finally, I realized where we were and cut through so we could finish our walk early. I think I cut about 5 whole minutes off. he he he

We went on over to WalMart from there to get Nathan his blue ice cream (an Icee). He was thrilled. He even got a bag of chips. He drank it all and ate the whole bag. Now, it's lunchtime, so we went to Taco Bell and too it home. Shortly after lunch, i sent Nathan upstairs to take a nap. He did. In my bed. While he was napping, I took advantage of it and finished up some quick pages for my Texas Gals 6x6 album. Yipee!!! It's all done.

So, a bit after Nathan gets up from his nap, we put the hose in his pool to let it fill up. We take a walk around the block with our dog, Kanela. We get back and the pool is overflowing. I leave both him and Kanela outside to enjoy the day and the pool. They both cooled off and had so much fun.

While they were outside playing, I made dinner. Turns out, it was just for me because all Nathan wanted was a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich. Well, he comes in from outside. He takes off his swim trunks and goes upstairs to change. Dinner is over and now we are watching XMen.

WHEW! What a full day!

No comments: